At Motocard, for 40 years we've been gearing up bikers all over the world, 40 years caring for your safety, 40 years accompanying and sponsoring the best Motorcycle riders, 40 years offering the top products on the market, 40 years living and feeling like a biker, 40 years accumulating thousands of stories and anecdotes that we'd like to share with you.
Will you join us on this journey?
- Xavier Cardelús (European speed champion) founds Motocard in Andorra (Sta. Coloma). First it was a Yamaha motorcycle dealership. The Motocard name comes from Moto Cardelús.
- The Colillas family associates with the company Motos Xandri and thus begins its link with the world of motorcycles.
- Motos Xandri, that imported road and motocross bikes, decided to acquire the Motocard store in Andorra. Thanks to this, they discover that there is a great interest in motorcycle accessories and gear.
FIRST PHYSICAL CATALOGUE
- First physical catalogue for road and off-road products (updated once a year).
- The rise of the motorcycle world and the appearance of more powerful motorcycles, caused a boom in the gear for the motorcyclist. Above all, Italian material and Japanese helmets were exported.
FIRST STORE IN BARCELONA
- The first store in is opened Barcelona, of about 1000 m2 in C /Valencia, expanding the number of stores to 3 (Solsona, Andorra and Barcelona).
- Motocard sponsors the rider Iván Cervantes.
FIRST DIGITAL CATALOGUE + VALENCIA STORE
- First website: online catalogue where you could place orders by phone or by email.
- Opening of the first store in Valencia.
FIRST STORE IN MADRID
- Opening of the first store in Madrid.
STORE IN MALAGA
- Opening of the store in Malaga.
- Opening of the international Call Centre in Andorra.
- The first physical catalogue with descriptions appears. It was delivered to the store or sent to mailboxes for remote selling.
OPENING OF AN ONLINE STORE
- Opening of the online store: First website with product descriptions and in which purchase transactions can be made.
- Motocard joins the middle category of Superbikes with Team Honda Glaner Motocard.com, with the rider Joan Lascorz.
- Motocard collaborates with the Master Honda Supermotard Cup, from where names such as Tito Rabat, Ricky Cardús, or Xavi Rodriguez arose.
NEW STORES IN BARCELONA AND VALENCIA
- Opening of a second store in Barcelona and Valencia.
- Motocard enters the MotoGP World Championship sponsoring the Pramac, Ducati satellite team, with riders such as Toni Elías or Alex Barros.
EXPANSION INTO NEW COUNTRIES
- They commit to internationalizing the web and expanding Motocard to new countries.
- Motocard becomes the personal sponsor of the rider Toni Elías.
NEW CORPORATE IMAGE
- Start of the MX jersey customization service.
- Update of the corporate image, adding the .com to reinforce the importance of online.
NEW STORES IN MADRID AND ANDORRA
- Opening of a second store in Madrid and Andorra (for customers accessing from France).
- Launch of a new website with new features such as the section For your motorcycle and Package Tracking.
- Motocard becomes one of the main sponsors of the PromoRACC Catalan Promotion Cup, from where riders arose such as Alex Márquez, Alex Rins, Fabio Quartararo, Aron Canet, Xavi Vierge, Albert Arenas, Xavier Pinsach... and many other riders we see today in the MotoGP world championship and other categories.
STORE IN ZARAGOZA
- Opening of a store in Zaragoza.
- The internationalization of the web is reinforced, with new languages on the web and in Customer Service.
- Motocard started sponsoring a young Marc Márquez who was starting out in the Moto2 category.
- Motocard enters the WorldSBK category with Joan Lascorz in the Kawasaki Racing Team. Since then and uninterruptedly, Motocard has been the main sponsor of the Kawasaki team in Superbikes.
- Motocard sponsors rider Ana Carrasco in the Spanish Speed Championship.
Motocard & Dainese Store
- Motocard takes on the management of the Dainese store (Barcelona).
- Beginning to work with other currencies on the web (euro, pound sterling and dollar).
- They support an adventurous project, Operation Impala, where three nostalgic adventurers decided to go from Tunisia to Cape Town with the legendary Montesa Impala.
THIRD STORE IN ANDORRA + SYKES WSBK CHAMPION
- Opening of the third store in Andorra, located in the centre, with an area of 3000 m2 and with a floor dedicated exclusively to the world of cycling.
- Kawasaki Racing Team rider Tom Sykes wins the Superbike World Championship.
PRODUCT REVIEWS ON YOUTUBE
- We launch a new website.
- Creation of a YouTube channel where all the motorcycle gear and accessories are analysed to help bikers choose the most appropriate material.
- Motocard sponsors Iván Cervantes again until the end of his professional career, in 2018.
LAUNCH OF NEW WEBSITE + REA WSBK CHAMPION
- New WEB: We add new motorcycle categories and incorporate a new segment with Bike gear and components.
- Motocard sponsors rider Xavi Vierge in the FIM CEV Moto2 European Championship, in the same year he made his debut in the Moto2 World Championship.
- The Kawasaki Racing Team signs Jonathan Rea and this year he becomes the Superbike World Champion.
Relocation and expansion of the Madrid store
- Inauguration of a new store in Madrid, with more than 2000 m2, in C /Bravo Murillo.
- Jonathan Rea, rider of the Kawasaki Racing Team returns to win the Superbike World Championship.
- To supply these new stores and the growing online business, a large expansion of the warehouse is made.
- Kawasaki Racing Team rider Jonathan Rea wins third Superbike World Championship.
ÀBAC SOLUTIONS JOINS THE COMPANY
- On the website, the Portuguese language is added. Web in 6 languages.
- Ana Carrasco, sponsored by Motocard, becomes the first female world champion in the Supersport 300 World Championship.
- A period of digitalization, growth and internationalization of the Motocard brand begins.
- Kawasaki Racing Team rider Jonathan Rea wins the Superbike World Championship for the fourth time. Kawasaki Racing Team rider Jonathan Rea wins the Superbike World Championship for the fourth time.
NEW WAREHOUSE AUTOMATION SYSTEM
- To provide a more agile service to the new volume of business, a new automation system is implemented in the warehouse.
- Kawasaki Racing Team rider Jonathan Rea wins fifth Superbike World Championship.
ESG CRITERIA + NEW X-MADRID STORE + MOTOCARD AND ARMURE
- In Motocard, priority is given to ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) criteria, a fundamental part of the strategy in terms of Sustainability, focused on three axes: road safety, inclusion and job satisfaction, and the environment.
- Motocard carries out CSR policies that contribute to social and environmental improvement.
- Start of collaboration with the Pere Tarrés Foundation, with the aim of reducing social inequalities between children and adolescents.
- March: Motocard adheres to the United Nations Global Compact, carrying out active policies on equality and empowerment of women, fair work, youth employment, and sustainability.
- June – July: New website with a new navigation and categorization system.
- July: Launch of own brand MOTOCARD.
- Opening of a new store in the X-Madrid shopping centre.
- Noviembre: Lanzamiento de la nueva marca de equipación ARMURE.
- November: Launch of the new armure gear brand.
- Kawasaki Racing Team rider Jonathan Rea wins sixth Superbike World Championship.
NETWORK EXPANSION OF MOTOCARD STORES
- New expansion of the warehouse.
- A new packaging is launched, more sustainable with the environment (more than 2 tons of cardboard saved).
- Sponsorship of the rider Josep Garcia (Enduro 2 world champion and official KTM rider).
- April: Opening of a new Outlet store in Granollers and new Digital team offices.
- May – June: We inaugurate Social Networks in French and Portuguese.
- June: Opening of a new store in Montigalá (Barcelona).
- July: Reopening of the Zaragoza store, at a new location.
- August: Launch of the new brand of helmets 130R.
- September: Launch of the new brand of bicycle and scooter helmets CURVE.
- September: Opening of the first store in Portugal located in Lisbon.
- November: Opening of a new store in Seville.
- Sponsorship of the rider Jaume Betriu in the Dakar (best Rookie 2020 and 8 times Spanish Enduro champion).
What has this 2022 been like for Motocard?
- We have turned 40 years old, and we had a big celebration!
- We have opened a new store in Spain (Palma de Mallorca) and another in Portugal (Porto).
- The Motocard family now includes the following companies: Motorama (Florence, Italy) and Ubricar (Cadiz, Spain).
- We have launched 4 new brands of our own: Roost, Ridekont, Naja and Lock-O
- We have launched our own App
- We have created the MyMotocard club, having already more than 350,000 members
- We have expanded our catalog with more than 20 new brands
- We have expanded the team, we already have more than 300 people!
- We have opened the Motocard museum in Andorra
We have donated more than €40,000 to social causes. Discover all our actions from our heart in Motoheart:
- We have promoted and encouraged respect for the environment and people
- We have minimized the use of raw materials and supplies and reduced the direct impact on our daily activity.