The AGV Pista GP R is the latest and most spectacular of the italian brand in terms of racing helmets. Its main novelties are the integrated hydration system, the spoiler, the metallic ventilations and the interior of the helmet, developed under the indications of the MotoGP riders of the brand.
Oh dear, we have run out of this size. Shall we let you know when it’s available?
We have these similar products available
tunnel tested rear spoiler which improves aerodynamics and stability at high speeds. The outer shell is made 100% of 3K carbon fibre, providing lines which minimise interference with the race suit and its interior with an adjustable fit avoids seams in the more sensitive areas.
History of the design:
As is tradition by now, when the Mugello Grand prix comes around, everyone is waiting to see what Valentino Rossi has thought of for his celebratory helmet.
In the Mugello 2018 helmet, we can clearly see Rossi’s patriotic spirit, his characteristic Soleluna and a commemoration of Simoncelli. That’s Rossi’s Italian edition GP helmet.
Also, this time, in an incomparable background as the event coincides the Italian Republic Fiesta on June 2nd.
It’s a simple, clean design inspired by the great 70’s classics when lineal shapes and large colour areas stood out. In this tricolour limited edition, the left side of the helmet is green and the right red, whilst Rossi’s famous sun and moon are white.
On the rear, el Dottore pays homage to his country and to his fans with the message ““Viva l’Italia, l’Italia tutta intera” (Long live Italy, all of Italy).
Once again, the graphics have been thought up by Valentino Rossi himself and his friend and designer Aldo Drudi.
Graphics full of symbolism, which, without a doubt, gave Rossi luck as he got the Pole and podium in the race.
- Outer shell (outer structure) is made 100% of 3K carbon fibre. Available in 4 exterior sizes to fit the physical constitution of each rider (XS-S), (MS), ML-L), (XL-XXL). The interior has EPS (interior structure) of 5 densities for optimum impact absorption. Its structure is extremely compact and light with unequalled safety features.
- The shape of the helmet has been designed to favour the aerodynamic efficiency and to minimise the risk that the energy generated nu an eventual impact is transmitted to the clavicle area. The rear lines minimise interference with the race suit when the rider is coupled with the bike.
- The IVS ventilation system consists of five large air inlets and 2 rear exhausts. The ventilation of the upper front part has been strategically placed in order to receive the greatest air flow.
- The new metallic ventilations combine strength and protection. Thanks to the entrance of a great air flow and the 2 rear exhausts, the air circulation speed is increased inside the helmet, achieving a good cooling of the interior. The air inlets on the chin bar direct the air flow over the entire screen surface in order to avoid misting. Ventilation plugs are included with the helmet.
- The new, wind tunnel tested, rear spoiler affords high aerodynamic efficiency and stabilises the helmet at high speeds. It has been designed to come off in the event of an accident and thus maintain the rounded structure of the outer shell.
- The interior is fully removable and washable and has been designed by the AGV MotoGP riders. The crown of the neck allows for easy helmet entry and maximised ventilation. Includes foams of different thicknesses for a custom fit in the upper part of the helmet and the cheek pads.
- The interior fabric used has an antibacterial treatment and is highly breathable. Seams have been avoided in the more sensitive areas of the head for maximum comfort.
- Emergency release system of the side padding in the event of an accident, to facilitate helmet removal by medical personnel.
- Hydration system fully integrated into the helmet, developed in MotoGP. The tube has a valve situated in the area of the chin bar for constant and convenient hydration of the rider. The hydration system is fully removable.
- The new, class 1 optics, anti-scratch screen has been designed to afford an 85 degree vertical field of view in the racing position and 190 degrees of horizontal vision. An anti-fog Pinlock MaxVision sheet and Tear-Off brackets come as standard. A Tear-Off kit is included with the helmet.
- The screen incorporates a patented closure system (VLS) which avoids accidental opening. The thickness of the screen varies between 4 and 5 mm in function of the area, increasing protection of the eyes and face.
- The screen mechanism allows for tool less extraction and has metallic parts for greater strength. "Roto-translational" system in the mechanism for a perfect fit of the screen to the helmet.
- Double buckle closure.
Helmet homologated in accordance with the European regulations ECE / ONU R22.05.
Combine it with
Customers who purchased this, also purchased
Ask the community
Ask the Motocard community
Do you have a doubt about this product? Ask our community