We have these similar products available
Leatt GPX 5.5 Junior Neck Brace Orange / Black. The team of doctors and biomechanical engineers at Leatt have developed this new neck brace for 2014, which they qualify as the most advanced neck protector available anywhere to date. The 5.5 neck brace finds the balance between comfort, effectiveness and safety, giving a greater freedom of movement and a greater range of adjustments, which satisfies even the needs of top level riders; and all this, of course, without renouncing the safety which has always characterised the LEATT neck protectors.
Like all Leatt neck braces to date, the 5.5 also bases its function on ALPT technology (Alternative Load Path Technology) and for the ALPT to work it is important that the brace fits correctly. The adjustability built into the Leatt braces is not just for comfort, but it also ensures maximum effectiveness as regards safety. The front and rear platforms have the SureFit system and are independently adjustable; they adapt to your body in less than 30 seconds. The neck brace can be readjusted without problems, for when being used by growing children or for adapting to different gear combinations. For an even more personalised fit, the CoreFlex thoracic strut has four setting angles. Via four rubber stops of different thicknesses we can regulate the strut to 0, 5, 10 and 15 degrees in seconds.
The 5.5 has reduced the height of the brace on the sides, increasing comfort and permitting its use by a wider range of users (children, smaller statured people and people with shorter necks). Removable pads on the shoulder allow you to raise or lower the brace to adapt it to the length of the rider’s neck and/or to the different helmet designs. The chest and back supports have a new design which dissipates the energy in a broader way in the event of impact. The new lining integrated into the brace itself also improves comfort. The new semi-rigid chassis is flexible and, via the different adjustments, can be fitted to the immense majority of morphologies, without having to renounce the rigidity required to dissipate the energy in the event of an impact, able to break or crumple in a controlled manner, always seeking the maximum safety for the rider. The new CoreFlex thoracic strut is even more comfortable and still has a controlled fracture point as a function of its protection. In the case of breakage, there are replacement parts available. All the brace has a new lining integrated into the brace itself which facilitates its maintenance, cleaning and protects the rider in the event of impact.
- Designed by a doctor and biomedical engineers. Tested by the best motorbike and bicycle riders in the world.
- New chassis made of fibreglass reinforced polyamide.
- New support platform for the helmet for great mobility.
- Five possible adjustments.
- Adjustable front and back supports for a perfect fit (SureFit).
- Four different angles for the thoracic strut.
- Adjustable shoulder height for greater lateral movement.
- Double chest support for greater comfort.
- New CoreFlex thoracic strut, more comfortable for following the body’s movements.
- Thoracic strut with controlled fracture point in the case of excessive pressure on the back.
- New easy open/close system for the brace via a push button.
- Rapid release system in the event of an accident.
- Designed to release the collarbone from any impact with the helmet or the brace itself.
- Lining integrated into the brace’s mould for easier maintenance and longer life. Also facilitates the placing of custom stickers.
- The lining of the chest and back supports has some air channels for better ventilation.
- Folding chest support for better transport and storage.
- Optional clear straps included.
- Homologated by the CE as Personal Protection Equipment 89/686/EEC.
Customers who purchased this, also purchased
Ask the community
Ask the Motocard community
Do you have a doubt about this product? Ask our community